Ditch Single-Use Plastic
As plastic is present in so many of the products we consume and bring to concerts or festivals, this can appear to be a difficult task! However, selecting options in sustainable and reusable packaging, including snacks and personal care products, can help minimize your single-use plastic consumption.
See below for a list of swaps!
- Plastic packaged food items → Take prepared food in reusable containers.
- Single-use Plastic bags → Select reusable, durable bags or canvas alternatives.
- Disposable cutlery → Swap for reusable cutlery kit (i.e. bamboo, wood etc.).
- Tissues or wet-wipes → Opt for biodegradable and plastic free wipes.
- Travel personal care products → Use reusable and refillable travel bottles.
- Toilet Paper → Unbleached and recycled toilet paper.
- Glitter! → Swap for fully biodegradable and non-toxic glitter options.
Other non-sustainable item swaps:
- Traditional batteries (torches etc.) → Opt for rechargeable batteries/power-banks.
- Harsh cleaning/toiletry products → Nature friendly/non-toxic alternatives.
- Disposable signage → Use repurposed cardboard and non-toxic paints/chalks.
- Decorations → Opt for more durable, non-plastic options e.g. natural cloth flags, fairy lights with rechargeable batteries.
Many companies now exist that sell Zero-Waste festival-ready kits – perfect for a camping festival, longer music event or overnight stay. These kits often consist of bamboo toothbrushes, ecological and recyclable miniature toiletries, biodegradable wipes and reusable cutlery. Consider investing in a kit to take to your next music event/festival and save plastic and money!