Verify Your Product or Packaging
Blue’s Product and Packaging Seals verify responsibly sourced plastic-free products and/or packaging, recognize their sustainability achievements, and help consumers shop for products that tread lightly on the Blue planet.
Blue Product & Packaging Seals
There are two levels of verification
Verifies plastic-free & sustainability achievements of both the packaging as well as of the product itself.
Verifies solely the plastic-free & sustainability achievements of the packaging.
*To qualify for the packaging seal an essential level of sustainability for products within the packaging must also be achieved or demonstrated within the application.
Blue Verified products & packaging need to meet criteria in the following categories
- Waste Management
Benefits of Going Blue
- Feature Blue Seal on product and / or packaging
- Independently verified by Oceanic Global
- Expert support from Oceanic Global
- Blue branded marketing collateral including Blue Seal
- Access to the network of vetted solution-based vendors
- Featured as Blue Verified on Oceanic Global’s channels
- Join a network of industry pioneers
How It Works
Register Product or Packaging
- To start, complete the Registration Form
- Pay the Registration Fee as determined by business size and and the number of products you are submitting
- Upon registration, a Blue team member will reach out
*Oceanic Global is committed to ensuring the Blue Standard is accessible to all that wish to pursue verification. Financial assistance is available through the Financial Support Application and will be awarded on a case-by-case basis.
Connect With An Expert
- Upon registration, a Blue team member will reach out to walk you through the verification process.
- Complete the Product and/or Packaging Questionnaires to submit required documentation. The Blue team can answer any questions you may have throughout this process.
*Businesses have the opportunity to hire a Blue Standard Consultant to help them find sustainable material solutions for products and/or packaging under an additional consulting scope.
- Samples to be sent to the Blue Standard HQ for review by Oceanic Global’s Blue team. Address to be provided by your Blue team representative.
Earn Your Seal
- Oceanic Global will provide Blue Verified products and packaging with marketing tools and support to showcase your seal!
*Note: Reverifictaion is required every two years
What is the Blue Standard?
The Blue Standard is a first of its kind cross-industry standard. Blue offers a three-star verification system composed of open-source resources, step-by-step auditing and consultation support, and buying deals with vetted, sustainable vendors. Blue also offers product and packaging seals that verify individual products for meeting Blue’s plastic-free criteria. The two synergistic offerings work together to empower businesses to achieve measurable impact that protects our blue planet.
How is it related to Oceanic Global?
Oceanic Global is the nonprofit organization that developed and manages the Blue Standard.
How much does it cost?
Fees are based on the size of business and number of products applying for verification.
Oceanic Global is committed to ensuring the Blue Standard is accessible to all that wish to pursue verification. Financial assistance is available through the Financial Support Application and will be awarded on a case-by-case basis.
What research/expertise went into Blue?
Oceanic Global’s core team, Board of Scientific Advisors and network of partners supported the development of Blue.
What is the difference between the Blue Product and Packaging Seals?
The Product Seal verifies plastic-free & sustainability achievements of both the packaging as well as of the product itself, while the Packaging Seal only verifies plastic-free and sustainable attributes of the packaging surrounding the product.
Are all businesses eligible for the Blue Packaging Seal?
Any business can apply.
Products are reviewed to ensure alignment with Oceanic Global’s ethos and mission.